Grapeseed Oil Carrier Oil
More About This Product
- Mixes well with all types of essential oils
- Dilutes and disperses essential oil for better topical coverage and absorption
- Easily and quickly penetrates the skin
- Moisturizes without clogging pores
- Retains a light aroma that is slightly nutty and sweet
- Thin and delicate viscosity and virtually clear in color
- Leaves a glossy sheen on the skin
- Six to twelve month shelf life
With a delicate feel, a light moisturizing effect and the skin benefits from Vitamin E, Grapeseed oil is an all-purpose and nutritive carrier oil. Use it to dilute, disperse, and aid the absorption of more potent essential oils across the surface of the skin. It originates from the seeds of premium grapes grown for wine and fruit juice, and is a staple for natural skincare and aromatherapy. It has a consistency lighter than Jojoba or Coconut oil, and is beneficial for those who have especially oily complexions. It has twice as much vitamin E as olive oil and provides more antioxidants.
Grapeseed Oil is high in linoleic acid, which may be beneficial for clearing clogged pores. It is commonly used in aromatherapy under a wide array of applications. It has a shorter shelf-life than some carrier oils, so be sure to be considerate about the amount to purchase, and check it occasionally for rancidity.
Grapeseed Oil is extremely light, and absorbs quickly. It leaves a soft, smooth sheen on the skin that won’t exacerbate existing skin problems or sensitivities. It has a mild aroma that is slightly nutty and sweet, and is virtually colorless. Use it for all your basic carrier oil needs.
- A carrier like Grapeseed Oil is used to dilute essential oil before it is applied to the skin to aid in absorption and more efficiently carry aromatherapy benefits.
- Use Grapeseed Oil to dilute any essential oils for topical use. Add 1 drop of essential oil in a teaspoon (5ml) of carrier oil and mix it well for a 1% dilution.
- Try Grapeseed Oil as a base for your favorite essential oil massage blend for a lustrous, soft touch and gentle sheen.