Fractionated Coconut Oil (FCO) Carrier Oil
More About This Product
- Mixes well with all types of essential oils
- Dilutes and disperses essential oil for better topical coverage and absorption
- Easily and quickly penetrates the skin
- Moisturizes without clogging pores
- Odor and color free
- Light and velvety viscosity and non-greasy feel
- Superior shelf life and highly stable under normal conditions
Fractionated Coconut Oil (FCO) is a versatile and stable carrier oil used to dilute, disperse, and aid the absorption of more potent essential oils. It is produced from virgin coconut oil that has had its long-chain fatty acids removed. This refinement helps it to remain liquid at room temperature and also extends the product’s shelf life.
FCO contains healthy medium-chain fatty acids, and natural antioxidants and nutrients, which naturally protect the skin from environmental stressors and help maintain a tighter, firmer look. It is completely soluble with other oils, protecting skin from too high an intensity of exposure to essential oil.
FCO is light, and absorbs quickly without clogging pores. It leaves a soft, smooth feeling that won’t exacerbate oiliness or leave you feeling greasy. It is odorless and colorless for a subtle, penetrating vehicle to carry your essential oil aromas efficiently. Feel free to use this versatile tool for all your basic carrier oil needs.
- A carrier like Fractionated Coconut Oil is used to dilute essential oil before it is applied to the skin to aid in absorption and more efficiently carry aromatherapy benefits.
- Use Fractionated Coconut Oil to dilute any essential oils for topical use. Add 1 drop of essential oil in a teaspoon (5ml) of carrier oil and mix it well for a 1% dilution.
- Try Fractionated Coconut Oil as an all-purpose base for essential oil blends and DIY recipes with no distracting odor or color.